Thursday, September 30, 2010

pickles.. :/

Well today I didn't have to be at school until 9:35 it was nice to get to sleep in on a Thursday. When I got to school I had English class. I have discovered that everyone here thinks I know every town in the states, oh and that I know every grammar rule in the book. They are sadly mistaken if they are counting on me for grammar lessons.. :/ I had to read a paragraph infront of the class. I also now know why every german thinks American drink Whiskey all the time. Every picture in our english book about drinking as a bottle of Whiskey in it.. After english I had Chemisty, History, and then Spainsh. I am starting to understand more and more but still not enough to participate in class.

So I named this blog pickles because after school I went into the city with Jaqueline. We wanted to eat at Burger King.  I orderd mine and said I wanted everything because that was easier. Jaqueline went to order her meal but she didn't want pickles. Well the cashier didn't speak english and we don't speak German.. :/ Problem..
I tried to explain to Jaqueline that you could just pick them off but my English was not making sense. So I described a pickle to the man and he just looked at me like I was so dumb.. He then proceeded to yell for another man in the back working. He came up and I simply said No Pickles.. He goes ok and hits one button.. (: After that we paid  and were on our way..
This story really has no point but nothing else exciting went on today.. I rode the bus home with my sister and now I am blogging. I got a new sweater today and some heels.. (:
Tomorrow I think I am going to go to the movies with my sister. Should be fun translating all of that..
Thank you for taking the time to read about my life.. <3
Auf Wiedersehen..

1 comment:

  1. That is hiliarious!! I can't imagine trying to describe pickels to someone that doesnt speak the language. Keep up with the blogs, even the everyday stuff is great to us. Even if it is about pickels, cowboys, and whiskey!

    ReplyDelete