Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry for not blogging yesterday and not today until now. I have been busy with school and going places with my family. Yesterday, School was School. In English my teacher made me stand up and talk about Iowa.. Of course I said it was the place to be. Then I didn't really have anything else so every student got to ask me a question. I got asked the typicals: Do you have sibling, What does your house look like, can you drive, do you have your own car, what are your hobbies...It was fun. My teacher tought me how to Waltz infront of the class. (: Oh yeah, I also got asked if I live on a farm. I said yes then I got asked my dad or grandpa were cowboys.. Then someone asked if I was a cowgirl. My English teacher asked me why I drive everyday to school instead of taking the bus.. I didn't really have an answer to that one. He told me its because Americans don't think about the environment but I think we are getting better at it. Not really sure though. In my free period there was a girl doing here English homework she was suppose to write deffinitons down. She asked me what Frankly meant.. I don't think I have ever used that in a normal conversation. Then when I got home I found a girl my age who rides my bike she wants to hang out so the friend situation is getting better. I do miss walking down the hallways and getting hugs. Here I don't hug anyone. It is weird. I mean I probably could if I wanted but then it would be super awkward.. (: German class yesterday was awesome I am learning to much.. I am starting to understand sentences instead of just words.
Today... well I went to school. I only had a few classes beacause our Geography teacher was sick and we got out at noon because the teachers had a conference. When I got home my host mom made hamburgers for lunch. They were pig meat but still amazing and pretty close to good ol' Iowa hamburgers. After that my host mom and I went to get Nicoli from tennis practice. He is always doing something. Once we got him from practice we went to a zoo type of park where you could walk around but they also had animals to pet. I tried to feed a Llama but another animal with a beak came up and snatched it out of my hand.I screamed.. (: It was fun. I was not feeling to well after getting home and my sister needed to go to the store so I said I would go with her. She bought a new pair of shoes and we looked for a cable to our computers instead of sharing every night. No luck. Maybe on the internet. While we were in the supermarket we saw a girl who looked very American. Her and her friend were speaking english. So after about 10 min of debating if I was going to ask her I walked up to her and asked if she was from Germany. She answered No I am from Australia. So there is another English speaker in my town. She is leaving on Saturday. She has been here for 3 weeks for school.. (:
Well I am going to call it an early night so I can get up on time and shower..
Auf Wiedersehen..<3

No comments:

Post a Comment