Sunday, September 19, 2010

WeiBWasser

    This weekend I went by train to a town called WeiBWasser(Veis Vasser) meaning: White Water. On Friday I got up around 7:00 and went to the train station in Bayreuth. I got my train ticket and was off. It took me the whole day to get to WeiBWasser. It is located in North Saxony near the Poland border. I live in Bavaria the next state south. Once I got to the hostile where all of the foreign exchange students in our district would be staying I started to mingel and talk to the other students. There was 4 other kids from the U.S. One in Alaska, One in Tennesse, and Two in Illinois. There was about 30 students all together with 8 Rotex. All of the students had to stand up who you were, where you are from, how old you are, and where you are living in Germany. Later that night we had supper and sat in our rooms till 4 in the morning just talking about everything and anything.
   On Saturday we got up had breakfast and then had to get on a bus and all we knew was that we needed clothes that could maybe get dirty and a warm jacket. The bus looked like a garage truck..I'll put pics on. (:
We drove for about 10 min and pulled up to this coal mine. It was so big and you could see the different layers that they were taking apart to get to the coal. We then seperated into 2 groups. My group went in 4 cars and went to a sand track at the back of the mine. We got to drive the cars around the track it was awesome. In my car I had 2 girls from Taiwan who had never drove before and couldn't tell the gas from the brakes.....Needless to say it was an experience. When I drove the guy with us kept yelling at me because i was going to fast... I was fine. (:  After everyone drove we went and got to ride in these racecars that went on another track super fast. Mom, No need to worry I was strapped in with a head set and it was all good. Anyway then we had soup for lunch and switched groups. I went in the garabage truck bus and we went to the center of the mine. All you could see for miles was coal and piles of dirt. We got to take a piece of coal with us. In the mine they have one of the biggest what I would call a bulldozer thing. It scoops up the dirt off of each layer and puts it on a conveyer belt system that takes it clear across the mine. Later that night we had a little dance for all of the students..It was so much fun. There was music playing from every continent.. I hear a bunch of new songs. The cha cha slide came on and only 3 or 4 of us knew it so we had to teach everyone. I also learned a new Brazilian dance. It was so much fun. There was also a dance from Taiwan. (:
On Sunday the whole group walked to a national park in German. This park is seperated into 2 parts one side is owned by Germany and the other part Poland. We walked on the bridge and in the middle if you stood just right you were standing in both countries. After we walked around in Poland for a while we went back to Germany and went to see a Castle. It was not completely in original form, but very close. I was so big and has tons of floors. Through out the whole castle was interactive games to learn the history and some of the facts of the castle like: Who built it, why they built it, who all lived there, and all of the people who had been in the castle. It was so interesting. After the group was done we went back to the train station and went home. On the way home my 3rd train was 30 mins late and I missed my last train to Bayreuth. Luckily my host dad was on his game and got on the internet and saw I was late and picked me up in the next town over. If he wouldn't have been there I would have had to wait 2 hours for the next train. I got home and  ate and now I am sitting in bed. I have to ride my bike to school tomorrow and I am kind of afraid of getting lost.....
Ok well that was my fun filled weekend.
Check back in a few days. I will hopfully have had a new blog. Hope you are enjoying my writings. Sorry about misspellings and anything else.
Auf Wiedersehen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! We now have a link on the Indianola Rotary electronic newsletter to your blog. It's a great way to keep the members up on your activities. Are you more comfortable speaking in German? Cyd Dyer

    ReplyDelete