"We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams."-Anonymous
Dear Readers,
Today is the first of December is has been snowing mostly all day. It is a sure sign of winter. A very big tradition here in Germany are Advents Calenders. Each day you get a little candy or sweet until the 24th of December. Most of the people here celebrate Christmas on the 24th. I think this is so neat. Normally on the 24th I am begging my mom to let me and my brothers to pick out one small gift from under the tree to open. Here they are celebrating the whole thing. They also have a Nicklaus day. It is on the 6th of December. I don't really understand all of it but I do know that you have to set a boot (like a christmas stocking) outside of the door at night and the next day it will have oranges, apples, or sweets inside. This is something I am excited to take part in. I will upload pictures after this weekend.
I am in dance classes as you already know. I have mentioned a little about them but I don't think I hit everything. This week my SEW Aderenaline dance girls are taking dances to state. I wish them the best of luck and I know they will do great. I am involved in 2 different dance classes here in Bayreuth. One is a Hip-Hop class. I have gotten the chance to meet so many new girls in this class it is amazing. The dancing is fun too. You get to be yourself and mostly I am doing what I love to do. The other is a dance class with students my age from my school and the other 2 schools in Bayreuth. We are learning all kinds of ballroom dances. So of course you must dance with boys. This is strange for me. I am used to just shaking what I got and making sure I know all of the steps but when you have to make sure two of you are together it is a bit more of a challenge. As of right now I have no partner for the ball. I am hoping I will get asked. I have talked to some of the boys in my class and 2 don't have partners. I would ask them but I feel like I would be going against the grain for the girl to ask the boy to the ball. Call me old fashioned but it feels wrong. Everyone knows I don't have a partner and would more than happy to go with anyone.
Danke und Auf Wiedersehen.
No comments:
Post a Comment