Hallo Readers,
On Friday I left for a very exciting but long trip. I experienced many things. It was only 3 days long but many things went on in those 3 days.
Starting with Friday, As always the 5 of us who live in Bayern have to travel the farthest for every trip with Rotary/ROTEX. This trip was to Wolfsburg in northern Germany. Jaqueline and I were suppose to meet with Marina and Vicky in our town at a little past nine. Well there was a huge snow storm over most of Germnay. Vicky missed her train in Nurnberg and the train was late to arrive in Bayreuth where Jaque and I live. We decided that we couldn't wait for the next train to ride together with Vicky because all of the train were running late and we had a long ways to go. The whole way there we had to wait at all of the train stations for the trains because of all the snow we were getting. We finally made it to Wolfsburg in 10 hours. Vicky arrived way later than we did because on her last train a part of it caught fire and she had to ride with a very nice family that spoke english and helped her get to where we were staying in Wolfsburg.
In Wolfsburg we met with 70 new echange students from another district. We had to sleep in a gym on the floor with sleeping bags. It was not ideal and with 90 kids in one gym we didn't get much sleep at all.
On Saturday we went to the VW museum. It was so cool. There were at least 5 different buildings that you could go into and learn about differnt cars and many things were interactive. It was one of the coolest museums I have been to. After spending 2 hours in the museum we went and ate lunch. This new district likes "Sandwich Bar". They set out bread, Ketchup, meat, cheese, and vegtables. Then all of the kids go through and make what they want and how they want it. Right after lunch we all went ice skating together. It was so much fun. I went really slow and skated with a good friend from USA. She helped me alot so I didn't fall down once. It was also really cold so I didn't skate the whole time. When everyone was done skating we went back to the school to just hang out with everyone. Later we ate Pizza for supper and we had to take another German test but it was super easy compared to our district. After the test we got all the information on the EuropaTour. It was just the places we are going to be traveling to. When we will have to switch our money over to another kind. Later that night we had a party and dancing. Once again I didn't sleep very well.
On Sunday we woke up and had breakfast. Then we all had to clean up the gym we were staying it. There were 10 kids that had to leave early before the rest of the others. They had to stay and do a nations for sale and talk all about where they come from. On our way home Jaque, Marina, Vicky and I got off in the wrong town on the last train. We took the next train to the next town we had to go to. Jaque and I got off before the others and when we were waiting for the train a man told us that our train was broke and we had to get on a big bus to go to Bayreuth. Well when we got the Bayreuth train station Jaque realized her phone was dead. We waited for a Taxi. We took the Taxi home.
It was a very exciting weekend. I met so many new friends. It was so cool. I am so excited to go on Euro Tour with everyone.
Much Love
Allysa Spear
No comments:
Post a Comment