Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bamberg

Dear Readers,
     Yesterday Jaqueline and I went into the city to buy things that we were both needing like toothpaste, facewash, and make-up. We also stopped by the post office so I could send a package full of postcards home. There were also 2 bars of Milka. Hope everyone enjoys it. As I went up to the counter to ask for stamps and pay for my package I only spoke German. I answered the mans questions and then all of a sudden he spoke english with me. It was so strange. I was doing good, I thought, with my german. Everyone can tell I am not from Germany when I start speaking. My accent is terrible.
     Today my host family took us to a neighboring town called Bamberg. It is very famous for its manger scenes. I have seen more of those today from every part of the world than I ever dreamed of seeing. They all portrayed the same thing but they were also very different at the same time. We were also in a Dom. It was over a thousand years old. At about one in the afternoon we went to a little restaurant. We were put in the way back corner with three other ladies. They finished their meals and then a couple joined us. It was kind of tight fitting everyone in but it was fun. After lunch Jaque and I got to go around town alone looking for shopping places. We had a map so we were pretty sure we wouldn't get lost. My days are all starting to run together and I am starting to not remember what happened on which day. I can't even remember if today is Monday or Tuesday. My mother informed me yesterday that I have not blogged enough in the months of November and December. So in my last few days of December I will try to blog everyday. I have plans for everyday so I don't think it will be to difficult for me. It also helps me with motivation to do my US History homework online.
Thanks for reading.
Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment