Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,
    This year I got the chance to expierence Christmas abroad. I am so happy you found my new house. I always knew you made it all the way around the world in one night. You are truly an amazing guy. I loved being able to spend the holiday seasons with people that are very welcoming and caring for hosting 2 crazy teenage girls for most of the year. This year I didn't get to sleep with both of my brothers in the same bed waiting anxiously to hear you so we could catch you in the act, I didn't get to attempt to stay up all night and then fall asleep early in the morning, I didn't get to run to my parents room screaming "Santa was here, Santa was here" and then beg them to let my brothers and I just open our stockings as they got out of bed, and most importantly I didn't get to spend christmas morning, afternoon, or night with the people I love the most my family. However, I did get to go to church on Christmas Eve with my host family, I got to see my host sister play her musical instrument, I wrapped my presents with my host sister for our family, I had to sing christmas songs before anyone could open their gifts, I ate spaghetti with my host family and after dinner we all sat down and watched Mr. Bean, and last but not least I learned the things I truly miss about home and the things I took for granite. Oh and Sorry about not laying out the cookies and milk. Its not really a German thing as you may already know.
                                                                             Love Always,
                                                                                        Allysa Spear


Today is the 26th of December. On christmas morning and day we didn't really celebrate because we did everything on the 24th. We did have goose for lunch and we watched Mama Mia at night. I have decided that the only thing more awkward than watching people kiss on TV with you parents is watching the same seen with your host parents and host sister who ist 13. I also got to play card games with my family. I lost terribly but it was my first time so I am ok with it. Today we had Pancakes for breakfast which is my favorite. Then we went Sledding. Here in Bayreuth they have giant hills where everyone in town can go. It was so much fun. I only fell off 3 times. Everyone else didn't fall off at all. It is just my luck. Thanks for reading my blog.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year. I hope everyone has a wonderful new year and you tell the people who mean the most to you that you love them.
Auf Wiedersehen,
Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment