“You and I will meet again, When we're least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won't say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again” Tom Petty
Hallo All,
Sorry I have not written in about 7 days. I have been moving house and trying to figure out all of the new rules and trying to find time for internet use. I am in a new house. Everthing is different. I have to figure out where all the dishes go and how to load the dishwasher correctly again. Saying goodbye to my first host family was probably one of the hardest things I have had to do since I have been here. They were so nice and I miss then so much. My new family is also very nice but I am having some troubles adjusting to a few things. My host family and I are going over the first night questionare tonight. It will be good for both of us.
Last weekend was a Rotary meeting. It was the last one for the Aussies. It was so hard to say goodbye to them not knowing when or if I will see them again. That is why I choose this quote. My life right now is all about meeting people and then saying goodbye. I have had the greatest oppurtunity to meets tons of lovely people. I have realized a few things this week
1. I am going to miss Katie so much at the next Roatry weekend.
2. I have made so many new friends already I don't know what I am going to do in a year.
3. I have no clue how I will fit everything into my suitcases to go back to Iowa.
4. Christmas is going to be the hardest time for homesickness
5. You don't get to choose how everything goes in your life and you have to deal with situations you are put in and make the best of it.
6. This letter has taken me 3x longer than it would normally because I am using a German keyboard and I can't type on it very well.
7. I actually know some German. I took at german test that I talked about in previous blogs and I got a 3,5 this is like a C+ so that is good. It was the hardest test I have ever taken
8. I love living with Jaque. She is the nicest sister and we have the most fun.
9. I can't build a snowman. I am terrible
10. I absolutely love my Family in Iowa. I don't know what I would do without all of you. I miss every aspect. There is not one thing that I would change about my life back home.
Thats all for now.
Auf Wiedersehen.
No comments:
Post a Comment