This week I went to Nebra with my hosting Rotary club. On Saturday I got up at 6:30 in the morning. I met all of the Rotary club and we got on a big bus. It was a 2 hour bus trip to get to Nebra. Once we got there we went to a museum. It was about a skydisk that was found while a few people were digging illegally on graves. On this disk is a moon, sun, stars, and three crescent shaped peices on the edges. Well as they did some searching on this disk it told way more about the seasons, how the earth moves, and insides on when to plant their crops at the right times. The disk is over thousands of years old. In the museum they had quite a few interactive activities. At the end they had a movie about the disk and how it works and why the objects were placed in the spots they were. The movie was in a dome theater so you had to lay back and it felt like you were actually in space staring at the stars and sun. After the museum we went into town to tour it. They had tons of vinyards. This town is know for their wine. They also have old buildings and castle walls still remaining. Nebra is in former east Germany. My host mom showed me the buildings of the people who didn't have money to update their houses. It was cool to see what it would have been like back in those days. That night we went to a wine testing. We got 6 wines I tried all of them but it was terrible. I gave my host dad all of the rest of my glass on all of them. We stayed in a very fancy hotel. On Sunday we went to a town about 30 min by bus away. They had more castle walls. We also got to go into a very old church. There was so much information. We also got to listen to a Organ concert. After we toured the city we went to shampange factory. We again go to test the sparkling wine. I didn't like any of it.. My host dad again got all of mine. (:
When I came home from my amazing trip I had a package waiting on my bed. It was from my friends and family back in Iowa. It was good to get everything. I got a bunch of birthday cards but my host mom is not letting me open them until Saturday.. Which I am having both of my host families over and I have to make them american pancakes (:
That is everything from my eventfull weekend.. (:
Thanks to everyone reading my blog
I love all of you.
Auf Wiedersehen <3
No comments:
Post a Comment