Saturday, July 23, 2011

Were half way there.... !

     DAY 5 Thing I Will Miss: Essen=the Food! I have already talked a little about the bread here but in Germany there are some other foods that I am going to miss. Just to name a few: Schnitzel, Döner, Ice cream, coffee time, Milka, and a thing like potatoe balls. I know food is such a superficial thing to miss about Germany but it was a big part of the experience too. I still don't long Brawtwurst and I have tried about as many as Germany has, which is a million. I now make coffee and eat something sweet at 3 in the afternoon regaurdless if my host family is here or if I am just hanging out at the house alone. I think I am going to buy a coffee machine when I get back. I really think I will miss the way they eat too. Normally it is a huge breakfast with tons of jams and bread. For lunch it is a hot meal and for supper maybe bread or a slad but usually not something very big.
     DAY 5 Memorable Memory: Having such an amazing counselor. Lynn and Walter have been there for Jaque and I this entire year. We met with  them the first month and just hit it off perfect. That night we decided we would met together and have a meal once every month. Lynn is an American and Walter did an exchange year in the U.S when he was our age with AFS. They are two of the most interesting and cutest people I know. We would always have things to tell them and they had stories for us about their lives. They were very much like another set of Grandparents for me. We got life lessons and there was always some good advice they had for us with any situation that we had. I will truly miss them dearly and plan to come back and visist them as soon as I can.
Bis Morgen,
Allysa Spear.

No comments:

Post a Comment