Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Countdown Continues with 9!

     DAY 9 Thing I Will Miss: I am going to miss being able to get everywhere you need to get in the amount of minuets or even hours in the entire country of Germany. Public Transportaion has gotten pretty much everywhere this year. I have taken buses everyday to school, to dance, or to go to visit friends. The trains have taken me all over Germany and even though it was super long and boring I am going to miss getting on the train in my town in southern Germany and being able to make it to Berlin the same day in norhern Germany. I have also had the chance to ride a bike. It is very useful and can get you anywhere in the city in a very short time... depending on how fast you pedel. (: At first I missed having my car and having to depend on a bus schedule to make my plans but now I am getting used to it and will miss it dearly.


     DAY 9 Memorable Moment: Well I am doing these memorable moments in no specific order so day 10 is not any less important that day 7. Today I am not going to write about a moment but more about a thing that I have noticed about the Germans. In the very beginning I picked up on this right away it is time. The Germans are very punctual! When they tell you that they are leaving the house at 10:35 and you show up to the car at 10:40 chances are that the will be angry that you are late. The same goes with arriving to a party. If the party starts at 6pm at night the party starts at 6pm a night. Not later or earlier. I also had to learn to read in Military time. I am still not used to seeing 14:20 on the clocks and I usually have to think about the time before I tell someone when to be somewhere. I have also become more punctual this year. I hope to keep it up once being back in Iowa.
Bis Morgen,
Greeting from Germany,
Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment