Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Countdown is still going...

     DAY 8 Memorable Moment: Well this item I am writing about today is not really something to special. It kind of stinks and I would never want to have a job working with it. Here in Germany the people have at least 4 different places to seperate this thing. I never really gotten the hang of sorting it out because in my house we are not so good about being aware of what is better for us and the environment. This year I have quite often but the wrong sort into the wrong place and had to resort it back out. Can you guess what I had so much trouble figuring out and still can't manage to put it in the right place!? If you guessed Müll you are dead right! (:  For those of you who don't speak or know a little German. Müll is Garbage! Here in Germany it was something I had to figure out quick everything that a person would normally just throw into the big black garbage bags in the U.S has to be sorted into differnt bags here in Germany. In my house I now have a Gelb Sack for plastics and empty cartons or containers, Paper bin, Bio bin for everything that can help the earth like bad fruit leftovers and so on and then finally the bin for everything else that doesn't already have a place. I have gotten more used to sorting but still sometimes mess it up but I think it is something I would love to bring back to Iowa and hopefully spread around my community. It is so much better for the Earth.
Sorry for the picture of me with a sticky note. I will take a picture of me sorting the garbage tomorrow and upload it too! (:

     DAY 8 Thing I Will Miss: My school schedule in Germany. Here the school day is so much different than at SEW my school in Iowa. Both schools have their ups and downs but I will miss the school day here in Germany. I am not sure if I will miss the fact of how the school schedule was or the fact that I didn't really have to do that much homework. (: The school here you have different classes everday in a different order for example I have German the first period on Monday but the fourth period on Tuesday. My schedule this year I only had 2 days where I had to be in the school the whole day 7:45 until 3:00. The other days I was finished at 1:00pm. When we had school until 3pm you didn't get what we as Americans think of as a school lunch. There was a cafeteria but it wasn't prepared so that every student already had a meal. The lunch ladies made a menu for the week and then when you liked something you had to go in a buy what you wanted. If you couldn't find anything to your likings you could just go into the city and buy something from Subway, Burger King, the super market or my favorite a Döner. During the school day we would also have a break after two periods for 15 min. Then usually we ate our bread that we brought from home. At first I didn't really like the snack in the school idea but by January I picked up on it and now I don't leave the house in the mornings with out my bread and juice.
Unfortnately my other photo won't upload. ): I will try again tomorrow. Sorry for the problems
Have a nice day!
Bis Morgen
Until Tomorrow,
Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment