Monday, July 18, 2011

The Countdown starting with 10.

     Ok this is going to be a picture countdown of the most memorable things that I have experienced while being in Germany and also of the things that I will miss most once being in the U.S. Hope you enjoy!
 
     DAY 10 Memorable Moment: Trying to speak in English/German to order a sandwhich at Burger King withouth pickles my first month in Germany. I have just realized in the last few months why the man taking the order looked at Jaque and I so weird because pickles translated into German means pimples. The whole time we were asking for a sandwhich without pimples. Needless to say that was one of my first attempts at German and one of the great first moments I had in Germany.
    
  DAY 10 Thing I Will Miss: The German bread! Here in Germany you can to go the backery and buy almost every kind of bread imaginable: dark, white, thick, thin, dark with nuts, toast bread, bretzel, rolls, croissants, donuts, cakes, and many many more. For lunch time in the school I would always buy a sandwhich with different bread. I am going to miss having so many options when I get back to Iowa. Hopefully I can find somewhere to buy all of it or maybe just bake some myself.
See you tomorrow
Bis Morgen,
Greetings from Germany
Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment