Hallo all,
Today is the morning after my ball. It was a very long night and I am still a little bit tired but I wanted to blog about it so all of you could enjoy reading about my night. Ok so I think I should start with Friday night. I was trying on my dress to make sure everything was still ok before the ball on Saturday night. While I was trying it on my straps kept falling down. This is just something you can go with the flow with. I had to fix it. I tried saftey pinning it but it was just not going. So I decided to give my good ol' grandma a skype call. She always fixes anything wrong with my clothes or dance costumes during dance recital and I really needed to fix my dress. She explained what I had to do and I tried my very best to understand and stitch my dress and the same time but in the end I got everything taken care of with the dress. The straps were a little bit off but you couldn't tell with my hair down. Now that I had the dress fixed I had to find new shoes. The shoes I had planned on wearing didn't really match like I wanted them too. So Saturday morning Jaque and I went into the city right after breakfast and went shoe shopping. We went to a total of 4 stores but I found a pair. They were very cute and cheap. The best way to go. The ones I ended up buying were black with a little bow on the side. They also had heels. I originally didn't want heels but Jaque helped convince me that they looked really good and would be the best ones for the ball. So its about noon and I have my dress fixed, shoes to wear, showered, and eaten lunch. After lunch I just chilled and played games on my computer to not think about the ball. I was starting to get nervous. When I looked at the clock it was going on 6. I was supposed to be at the dance at 6:20. I did my hair, make-up and got dressed really fast. I was ready to go. I got to the ball and had to wait for my partner to arrive. He had to bring me flowers. I got red roses. They are sitting on my desk in a vase. After I got my flowers and I gave him his chocolates. We went inside and I met his parents. They were so nice and tried their best to speak English with me. I told them it was ok if they spoke German. We took photos with his parents and then just me and him. We just used his parents camera. Then we went upstairs and had to take group photos. It was very crazy and there were so many people to all fit in the shot but we got in done in 5 shots. Easy and painless. Then we went and got lined up for then entrance and beginning dances. I was really starting to get nervous at this point because the dance practice we learned all of this I was sick and couldn't go. The dancing began and it was fine I just had to watch the other girls for a few times and then I got the hang of it. We Waltzed first this is my worst dance but it was fun. The rest of night we just danced sat at our table and talked with friends. In the middle of the night I had to dance with my partners dad. It was so cute. It turns out that his dad was the president of Roteract here in Bayreuth so he knew about my exchange and how things worked. My dance partner and I also got individual pictures taken. It was funny a lot of the kids in our class were watching us and the lady was giving me directions in German and I didn't really understand everything and they were laughing at me but it was a lot of fun. The night was a great success. I met new people and danced the night away. My dress didn't fall apart and I didn't fall while dancing. My feet are still killing me from my shoes but it was all worth it. I will put pictures up as soon as I can. I have to get the pictures from the other kids.
Thanks for reading,
Allysa Spear
No comments:
Post a Comment