Happy New Year!
It was a very long walk up to the top of the hill. I never thought I would make it but when we finally got there it was so worth every step taken. The six of us sat and watched as all of the fireworks as they went off at 12:00 to bring in the new year. The fireworks were just like 4th of July. From the tip top of the big hill on the edge of town you could see everything. The many different colors bursting all throughout the town. It was very cool. A few short hours before that Jaque and I were anxiously waiting to go over to our friends house. We were so excited after we got all ready and dressed for the fun night ahead we realized we still had one hour before we were ever suppose to leave. So naturally we took pics and talked about our families and how we celebrate the new year in our countries. After wasting an hour we went to our friend Brindas house. We ate Rocklett(Not sure about the spelling). You have an over type thing in the middle of the table with little trays inside and all around the table are little bowls full of various things like every vegetable and some fruits and of course meats like chicken and fish. You then take a tray from the oven in the middle of the table and fill it with the foods of your desire. You let it sit in the oven for a few min depending on what is in your tray. The meats will take longer. It is the coolest thing. Everyone is making their own recipies mixing anything and everything and then telling the person sitting next to them to try it. After supper and everyone was completely full Lousia, Brinda, Mensa from New Zealand, Jaque and I walked into the city. Everything was closed so we decided to go to the train station because it was on the way to the big hill and it was somewhere warm. Once we got to the station a security man told us the station was closing. So we started our walk to the big hill. It was very long and at one point I considered going home but I kept on walking. Once we got to the top it was so worth it. There was fireworks all around and you could see the whole city of Bayreuth. Everyone shot fireworks at Midnight for the new year. It was much like Independence Day. After about 15 min of watching the town we went back to Brinda's house we made these things of lead. You have to melt a piece of lead over a candel and then throw it into a cold pot of water. Whatever the new shape of the lead is will tell about your future for the new year. It was so much fun. At first I thought my shape looked like a baby but after looking a little bit longer I decided it looked like a Soldier. So my fortune for the new year is I will have peace in my family. Not really sure what that means but I guess I will find out.
I hope everyone had an amazing New Years Ever and nothing went wrong.
Happy New Year to all,
Auf Wiedersehen,
Allysa Spear
No comments:
Post a Comment