Saturday, January 8, 2011

Munich

Dear Readers,
I have been on a 4 day trip with my host family to Munich. I got to see many things and eat tons of good food. I don't know how I will fit it all  into one blog. This one might be really long and I will upload pictures after I am done typing.
Monday January 3, 2011 I got up normal time and had breakfast with my family. After we all finished we packed our things into the car and were on our way. The drive to Munich is about 2 hours away. There we parked in a parking ramp and took the train into town. The first place was Residenz Museum. This museum has a very big collection of things from the Wittelsbach family. There are many different buildings including a super Theater. It was full of gold and the chairs were a deep red velvet. The rooms were full of metal works, crowns, glass sculptures, and ivory things. After we spent most of the day in the museum we walked  down the main strip of shops in the inner city Munich. There were so many shops for everything and everyone. In the middle was Munichs town hall. It was very big and very awesome. There were sculptures and a giant clock that went off every hour. My host family and I took the train back to the parking ramp and were off to our Guest House. Jaque and I got our own room. It was so nice. We watched German TV and sat up really late just talking and laughing.
Tuesday the 4th of January the second day of the trip the first place on our agenda was Bavaria Film Studios. This was very neat even though I didn't know any of the flims but still seeing the sets was amazing. We went in a submarine, in an hotel, some people even got to make a movie in space. I of course did not take part in that because of my not so great German. We walked around the studios the beginning part of the day. It was so cold I couldn't even feel my toes. After The Bavaria Film Studios we were off to BMW World. The buildings were so modern. One of the buildings was a tall tower and it looked like some part of a car. I don't know enough about cars to tell you what it is. All I know is it was way sweet. We went in the museum full of cars and you could sit in them and do whatever you pleased. They had old cars, new cars, motorcycles, and even a car you could costumize if you were interested. After spending about 2 hours in the car museum and eating lunch my host family and I went to a Sea Life exhibit. There were all types of fish. There was one part that was completely class or plastic not sure but you could see all around you the different fish, sharks and even a giant turtle swimming. In one section of the Sea Life tour you could feed the fish. Isa feed a few but I didn't want to so I just watched. That took up the rest of the day. We had supper at a little restaurant and Ice cream for desert... it was delicious.
Wednesday January 5th, Deutsches Museum. This is a building you could spend 3 days in to cover everything. There was things for every person. I found the Astronauts and airplanes the best. I wish my family could have been there to see all of it with me. There were life sized planes, boats, and equipment used on rocketships. They also had mini boats, factories with the workers, and games you could play. This museum was my favorite part of the trip. I was like a little kid on christmas seeing all of my gifts under the tree. After spending the first half of the day in the museum my host family and I went into the city with all of the shops on the main strip. Jaque and I went by ourselfs looking through shops for 2 hours. Everything was on sale. I bought a belt and a t-shirt. When the 2 hours were up we met back with our host family and went out to eat together. We went into a very typical Bavarian restaurant. The women were wearing the german dresses and everything was made of wood. You could see the colors of Bavaria all around the room.
Thursday January 6th was the last day or our trip. We packed all of our things up and put them back into the car. On the way home we drove into the ALPS and visisted the Neuschwanstein Castle. It looks like something out of a fairy tale. We got a tour around the castle and see the rooms that were finished. Kind Louis I was a fan of Richard Wagner. Which is awesome because Wagner built an opera house in the town that I am living now Bayreuth.
This was the best I could do on telling you about my travels in the winter break. I hope you enjoy. I will upload pictures as soon as I can.
Thanks for reading,
Auf wiedersehen. Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment