Paris, France. Well I didn't get the chance to see as much as I would have liked to see because I got really sick. I saw the Eifle Tower, Notre Dame, and I also had to give my speech in German about the Arch de Triomphe. It was so neat to see it in person after doing all of the research and knowing about it. We continued on to see the rest of the city on the first day. Afterwards we split up and went out to eat in groups again. Paris was very pretty and I really enjoyed the view and all of the buildings and people selling things on the streets. The second day in Paris we went to Versailles. There we walked throught the entire building and aslo met other exchange students with Rotary from Poland. On the last day in Paris we got back on the bus and headed to Luxemburg. There we did once again another city tour except this time there wasn't much to see. One momument and then some other old buildings. Afterwards we all went out to a club and it closed at 1am and all of the exchange students started singing a song in German about not wanting to go and wanting more dancing. It was really neat. The next day we were off to Belgium. The whole day we walked around the city and went to a mini Europe city with all of the most famous monuments from Europe. Afterwards we just walked around the city. I bought so much chocolate. It was so good. I also sent some of it home to the U.S. At night I met up with 3 other exchange students. One is from Iowa in Belgium on exchange this year, the other two were in Iowa last year on exchange in my district. It was so good to see them and to speak normal English again. We talked about what we had gone through so far and all of our experiences. I cried in the middle of the dance when they had to go home. The next morning we had to have everything packed up to go home to back to Germany.
The 3 weeks of Euro tour went by so fast and were some of the best times of my entire life. It was a chance of a lifetime to travel through Europe with a great group of kids and get to make my dreams come true. I would do it over a million times if I could. I am so greatful that Rotary has given me so many chances in one year. I could never say thank you enough.
With love, Allysa Spear
No comments:
Post a Comment