Friday, June 10, 2011

9 Months down

Hello reader,
I am going to take a break from Euro Tour and write about things happening in my last few months in Germany. Today I have been in Germany for 9 months and I can't really believe it. The time here has gone so much faster than I thought it would. It feels like just yesterday I was learning German and getting on my first train ride to go to our first exchange meeting in Weisswasser. I have learned so much this year and I will never forget all of the wonderful people I have had the chance to meet. I am so thankful for everyone but mostly my families, all of them. The ones here that hosted me and let me have a place to call home for a while and who also took me to see as much of Germany as possible but also my family in USA. They have had to go the whole year without me wether they admit is was harder than they thought or if they missed me or not is a different story. I love them anyways. I think I have overall learned the most about myself and found out that I don't really need everything that I thought was essential before. I have also learned how to see anothers point of view and to listen to what others have to say before judging anything. I will miss Germany so much, a lot more than I thought I was going to.
Last week I got a new class in the school and all of them are so nice and invite me to do so many things. I will miss them dearly.
This week I am going to the Baltic Sea with all of the other exchange students as our last little get-together before we all fly home. After the Baltic Sea I am going with my host family to an amusement park for a few days and then to visit an aunt from my host mom. After that I am going to my district conference in Dresden. It will be so much fun but sad at the same time because I will have to say goodbye to all of the other exchange students. It makes me sad to just think about it.
I will blog when I am done with my 2 weeks vacation.
Until next time, Allysa Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment