Hallo All,
This weekend I went on a Rotary weekend to Plauen. It is not to far from where I live. Jaque and I took the train. When we got to the second stop where we were suppose to meet up with the 2 other exchange students we always ride with we couldn't find them. Jaque and I were on the second part of the train and so we called them to see if they were on the first part. As Jaque was talking with one of them she lost the call. So me and Jaque decided that on the next stop we would get out fast and run to the first part of the train. Well as we are walking up and down the isle we don't see them. Turns out they got on another train and we headed to our town to pick us up but we had already left. We all have to worst luck with trains. Jaque and I had to pay for another train ticket. It was 17.50 Euro. Which is expensive in my opinion. WEll when we got to Plauen we met up with all of the students who are going abroad next year and all of the re-bounds who just got back. It was so much fun.
On Friday we had to sell our nation. There is 5 people from the US right now and 3 re-bounds who went to the US. One of them was Anni. She was in my district last year in Iowa. It was so nice to see her again. I didn't think I would meet up with her. We caught up and talked about our experiences.
On Saturday we walked our Plauen and had some free time to go shopping. We looked at old building and this cute little earth home place. I will put up pictures soon. They were house along this little creek and it was so cute. Then we played get to know each other games. It was interesting trying to speak in German. All the students gave it there best but most of the time they ended up explaining it in English. After the games we had a disco. We got to dance with everyone which was so cool. We listened to music from all over the world. I loved dancing.
On Sunday we went to a museum. It was a villege that when the wall was built it was split right down the middle. It was neat. I didn't really understand everything becuase it was in German but the looks were cool. I got an english brocheur that I will read to get info on it.
The train ride home was interesting. The train was packed full. The isles were full of people standing because they had nowhere to sit. Luckily Jaque and I didn't have to ride the train the whole way home. We got off and switched to another train. We were only on there for about 20 min.
Now I am home, unpacked, and blogging. I will try to blog again this week. (:
Much love <3 me
Auf wiedersehen.
No comments:
Post a Comment