Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sherlock Holmes.. With a German accent

Hello Readers,
On Monday night my host family and I went to Sherlock Holmes the play by another school in Bayreuth. This play was all in English. The actors did a really good job with their lines. Sherlock was very good. He could act and speak very well and clearly. Only one person forgot their line but it was nothing major. I really enjoyed going to watch a whole play in English and it was not one of the actors first languages.
Other than the play not too much exciting has been going on here in Bayreuth. On Friday I get to meet with all of the other exchange students and cook things from our countries. I am making Pizza, yes i know it is not American but it was what I was given. I am just going to add a bunch of cheese on the top and it will be super yummy. I hoping it all works out, I am not the best cook in the world.
School life is as usual anywhere in the world boring and more boring. I just sit in my classes and when my english teacher asks me something I try my best to answer or just tell him i don't know. He likes to call on my in grammar situations which I am terrible in. I am actually regreting not paying more attention in my english classes. Today he asked why we say discriminated against. Why not just discriminated. I have no answer to that question.
The other day a man was visiting my host family. We were talking and he asked me a very difficult question that I have not really thought about. He asked "What are you going to miss about Bayreuth/Germany when you go back to your home country?" Usually it is the other way around asking ohh what do you miss about home? How are you feeling? Are you homesick?
I really don't know how I am going to answer this question. When I make a list or think of what I will truly miss I will make a post all about that.
Auf wiedersehen.
Allysa

No comments:

Post a Comment