Hello All,
Well I have been in Germany for about a week and 5 months. The time has just flown by. My mom already has a calender with the countdown for my return day. I am not counting yet. I think it will make the time go faster than it needs to go. Being in another country for 5 months away from everything I was used to has made me realize alot of things about life, culture, and most importantly myself. I have learned I can make it threw anything I just have to give it my best effort. That there is so much more in this world than the little town you grew up in. I have gone through every emotion possible. The other day I was watching a TV show about a girl and she was going to college. Her brother and dad starting crying because she would be away for 3 months. As I sat there and thought about it I started crying thinking about all the time I had been away and all of the little things in my familys' lives I had missed but after about 3 min of thinking about what I had missed I told myself that I am in Germany only for 1 year and I am having the time of my life. I am missing most things I will not get to relive but I am also experiencing many things that most kids my age will never have the chance to do. I have made life long friends that have changed my life. I now have the sister I have always wanted. I can somewhat speak german. I don't have all the grammar down but I am looking into another German course.
On Monday I went to a Valentine's Day celebration with my counselor. It was with the German-American organiztion. I met new German and American friends. Most of the are older than me but they still had a lot of advice and good people in general. I met a man who I thought was german but he is from Wisconsin. The only other midwest American I have met. I knew because when he started speaking english he didn't have an accent for me. Most of the others are from everywhere but the midwest.
The snow has all melted away and it is starting to warm up a little bit. I don't have to leave the house with 10 layers on to walk to school. The last few days I have opened all my windows so the fresh air could come in. I am starting to get a little bit sick which is not good. I am sure it is just a little cold and will pass in no time. Tomorrow I am going way up north again to meet with the other group of exchange students to go on Euro Tour with me. I am not sure what we will be doing but it will be fun with all of us together. (:
Oh yea I almost forgot. As for the title of this blog. I have also learned that it is extremely difficult to blog as much as I blogged in September and October. I was nuts. I no longer know what to talk about but I will keep it up so everyone can follow me on my exchange year. In March when I go on the Euro Tour it will be a little hard for me to blog but I am bringing a planner and I am going to write everything down I did each day and then blog about it when I get back.
Thanks for reading.
Gruße Allysa
No comments:
Post a Comment