On Wednesday the 25th of May I got the chance to skype the Southeast Warren Elementary school during their friendship fair. All of the kids had spent an amount of time learning about Germany and its culture. I got to skype with one class at a time and talk to them about living here and what some of the differences are between the two countries. After talking a little bit and showing them some money, a bus pass, and little souveniers they all got to ask me questions of their choice. It was so cute. I got asked a lot of things but some of the ones the stuck out the most to me were the following:
Do they have tvs in Germany?
Do they have horses?
What is your favorite color? I answered in German to this one and they told me what it was in English.
What does your house look like?
Do they have a ton of German Shepards?
Favorite Number in German?
How do the Germans pronounce my name?
Whether I live in east or west Germany.
Have you seen the Berlin fence?
What was my biggest Challenage in Germany?
Do you have to be a good student to go to another country?
If soccer is the national sport.
What is my favorite food in Germany.
Why did you want to go to Germany.
and to finish What is your favorite thing about being in Germany?
Some of these were very easy for me to answer but some of them I really had to think about. It was such a good experience for me and I would do it a million times over if I could. At first I was super nervous and wasn't sure what I was going to say exactly but the longer I kept talking the more comfortable I got.
I would really just like to thank the Southeast Warren staff that let me be a part of the Friendship Fair. I hope that the little ones seeing me sparks a little fire inside of that says they can do whatever they want if they believe and make it happen. There is so much more out there than small town Iowa. There is a whole other world just waiting to be discovered.
Until next time. Allysa Spear
Oh Allysa! You are such a beautiful person... and yes dreams do come true, if you only believe! I know you definitely made several children in small town Iowa dream bigger. We love you and can't wait for you to continue to share about your experience!!
ReplyDelete