Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kindergarten

I'm going to take a little break from writing about Euro tour to tell you about my Easter Break in Germany. Well first thing that is very differnt is that we have 2 weeks vacation. In those two weeks Jaque and I worked in a kindergarten. It was like an internship, we worked with the kids, we played with them, we read books, told about our contries and most importantly had to speak German the whole time.
   When I had to tell the little kids about the USA I first explained everything in English. All of the little kids were wide eyed and didn't really know what to think after a minuet or two I then translated what I had said into German. They were all just kind of in shock and didn't really have to many questions for me. We got out the globe and showed them just how far Germany is away from Iowa.
  This was also a good experience in helping with my German. I had to use only german and couldn't use an english word when I didn't understand because the kids only know German instead I had to explain what I was trying to tell them or have them do. The children were very good at telling long stories and very fast. I was always reminding them to speak slower and they would for about 3 words then they would continue to speak fast again.
   I really enjoyed the two weeks that I worked there. I am planning on going back at the end of July right before I come back to Iowa. I am trying to upload 3 pictures but it is not working. I will try again tomorrow.
Allysa

No comments:

Post a Comment