Hello Readers,
Sorry for such the long pause in blogging. I was on my tour having the best 3 weeks of my life. I home now and truly missing every aspect of the tour. The getting up early, living out of a suitcase, the loud people in the back of the bus singing while everyone else is trying to sleep, the german music everyday, sandwhich bar, the city tours, and most of all the other exchange students. They were some of the most interesting people I have had the chance to meet.
As for the tour itself, I am not so sure how I am going to go about blogging every detail about the trip. A lot of things happend and I think it will take days to type all of that up so I am going to blog about 2 or 3 cities in one blog and then the next day I will blog about the next cities.
So First stop on the tour was Hannover, Germany. All of the exchange students had to meet up and fill out any last forms that didn't get finished and double check all the information. I had to get up at 6 in the morning to catch the first train to get to Hannover in northern Germany. When everyone arrived they split us into the West and East groups. We all met with the others who would be going with us and also our leaders. After being in the East group they split us even further into 5 groups. That was just so that if we needed anything we had our own leader to talk to. It was also so that every day we had a group to make sandwhich bar. Ohh the infamous Sandwhich bar, for 3 weeks almost everyday with a few exceptions we ate cold meat sandwhiches. We had the same toast bread with a variety of either Salimi or turkey to put on our bread with cucumbers, lettus, and tomatoes. It was good at first but by the end of the trip I couldn't even look at the sandwhiches the same. While making it you had to cut all of the vegetables and sometimes like in France we also had to cut the bread. When we were ready to serve the sandwhiches we pretty much just found where ever we could that was flat and looked somewhat clean. It was sometimes on a curb, the ground, picnic tables, and once it was on the bottom of a statue. That night everyone was so excited and we could barely sleep. The girls in my room sat up and talked about all of the amazing things we were about to see. In the morning we were all getting ready and packed our suitcases back up and started to load the bus. We were the first group to not get all of our suitcases in the bus and some of them had to be put into the leaders van.
Prague the capitol of the Czech Republic was the first city on our tour. Prague is a very pretty city with many fancy buildings. As soon as we got to the city we checked into our hostel and then were off on our first of many city tours. The Old city market place was full of little shaks selling a variety of things from foods to souveniours. At one end of the market place was an old astronomical clock on the side of an old watch tower. Every hour or so a man dressed up like a joker would appear at the top of the tower and play a little tune on the trumpet. We heard this 2 times in the days we were in Prague. After the market place we went to one of the oldest Synagogues in Europe. After that we got free time until 5 or 6pm to buy what we wanted and to take more pictures. I bought tons of postcards and a pin for my Rotary jacket. That night the whole group went out to eat together and then to a 5 story high dance club. The next morning we had to be up early and packed and ready to head off to Budapest. I am going to stop my blog here and write about the next two cities tomorrow. Hope you enjoy.
Allysa
No comments:
Post a Comment