Hallo,
Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary in Germany. (: I haven't done to much other than school since the last time I blogged. This week I am on vacation from school so on Wednesday I went with my host family to a neighboring village. There was a huge hill with a castle on the top. Luckily we got to a ride a bus to the to. It was so pretty you could see the whole town from the very top of the hill. Inside of the castle were 2 museums. One was full of facts and pictures about the history of the castle and the people who lived there just like any other museum. In the middle of the tour we saw a flag and the story behind it says that a military group of men from Bayreuth and the the neighboring town were sent to the U.S. They brought it with them and they worked with people at Westpoint in Virginia. The one here in Germany is a replica and the original is at Westpoint. This was intersting to me. There was also a chart of the royal families in Europe and how all of the are related. The other museum was all about little tin figurines. There was every kind of scene you could think of. They had one of a valley in Africa from wars in Europe, to pirates taking over a ship. Yesterday I went to Nurnberg to meet with 2 other exchange girls to go shopping for Euro Tour.. Which by the way is in 8 days! I am getting so excited but I still don't have my camera fixed. It is on my to-do list before next week. Next Tuesday or Wednesday I will post my itenerary for the Tour. I am not sure how much blogging will actually get done on tour but I will give it my best shot. I will be writing everything down every day. So I can also blog when I get back. My speech I have to give on the tour is almost complete. It is suppose to be 5 min long in German. I timed myself reading it yesterday and it was about 2 min 30 sec. I am going to have to talk super super slow... If there is any questions that anyone wants me to answer about Germany comment on here and I will make sure to answer it in the next few blogs.
Until next time,
Auf wiedersehen
Allysa
No comments:
Post a Comment